Based in Paris, France
13 July, 2016
Ragdoll Runners is a physics-based Track and Field game where you control independently the two legs of an athlete to compete in 8 events of different types: sprint, long jump, triple jump, hurdles. You control your athlete principally with two buttons: one button per leg. Therefore, the gameplay is not based on button mashing like in most other athletics games: it’s all about good timing. (A third button allows to lean forward on certain occasions: to finish a sprint, a jump, or to jump over a hurdle.)
Ragdoll Runners is not inspired by QWOP: the development began in 2005, 3 years before the release of QWOP (and had a 7 years break).
- Solo: compete against increasingly strong opponents and become a champion in each event.
- Splitscreen: play against 3 friends on the same computer (gamepad supported), like in this funny video.
- Confront the world record and your friends' records.
- Challenge mode: compete against increasingly strong records from the leaderboards and become a concurrent for other players.
- Daily Contest : experience the stress of competition with a limited number of attempts each day. Do your best in each event to score the most points in the Octathlon.
Hilarious video of 4 players competing in Ragdoll Runners YouTube
The song! YouTube
Youtuber struggling at Ragdoll Runners YouTube
Popular Russian youtuber playing Ragdoll Runners YouTube
Good review of Ragdoll Runners YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "it is seriously the funniest game I have ever seen"
- Roffle Saucer, Twitter
- "The physics and ragdoll effects are awesome. [...] It is extremely addictive and good for all ages"
- Jeremy, Future Released
- "Dude...this game is amazing. So challenging yet so rewarding. I said it in my review below along with other points, but if you screw up your race 9/10 times, the 1 time you get it right...it just feels so great."
- peter_notSo_dinklage, Ragdoll Runners >> Reviews
- "One of the best Example of "Easy to learn hard to master" game. This is pretty polished game much more competitive and less frustrating than QWOP is."
- SgB, Ragdoll Runners >> Reviews
- "Greatest game ever. It might have a similarity to other games but Ragdoll Runners is simply utilising and simulating a natural human mechanic. Brilliant."
- TedBall, Ragdoll Runners >> Forum
- "The Dark Souls of running."
- SmashiusClay, Ragdoll Runners >> Reviews
- "Great game by the way. Depression makes it hard to commit to anything but I've been playing this game every day since I bought it, it has been really helpful with replacing my negative thoughts."
- germpot, Ragdoll Runners >> Forum
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Samuel Manier
Samuel Manier is an independant game developer: he created Ragdoll Runners beside his day job of game AI programmer in a french studio. He also sometimes publish satiric videos on youtube.
More information on Samuel Manier, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Ragdoll Runners Credits
concept, code, "art"